Date: 11/8/20 3:29 pm
From: Chris Elphick via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] winter atlas
Hi everyone,
I just posted a new blog post on our general priorities for winter atlas data collection:http://ctbirdatlas.org/blog/index.php/2020/11/08/1261/
One key point I'll reiterate is that there are lots of interesting birds to be found in places where few people go birding. Just this weekend I've found common redpolls in 3 blocks and evening grosbeaks in 2 (plus another last Sunday). I've also seen 5 species of warblers while atlasing this week, including 2 late Tennessees at a quick stop in Mansfield this afternoon.

In each case, I was just checking out likely looking habitat that I happened to drive by, rather than going to well known sites ... so there's lots to be found.

Chris

Chris Elphick @ssts
Storrs, CT
<elphick...>