Date: 11/8/20 3:00 pm
From: August Mirabella <am4birds1...>
Subject: Peace Valley Park (IBA) - Bucks Co. (11/1 - 11/7)
All,
There were 89 species reported this week.
12 duck species:
2 Gadwall 11/1
5 N. Pintail 11/2 photo
Ring-necked Duck - high report 6 11/3
4 Lesser Scaup 11/1 photo
Bufflehead-high report 25 11/2
Pied-billed Grebe - high report 3 11/6 & 11/7
1 Horned Grebe - 11/1
1 Greater Yellowlegs 11/6
5 gull species:
1 Bonaparte's Gull 11/7
Lesser Black-backed Gull - high report 94 11/2
Great Black-backed Gull - high report 2 11/2 photo
Turkey Vulture - high report 70 11/4 They were all sitting on the dam tower
and rocks at the base of the dam. Many continue. I was told they were
attracted to many dead large catfish along the lake edge.
1 Osprey 11/1 photo
1 N. Harrier 11/7
1 Red-shouldered Hawk multiple days
1 Amer. Kestrel - returning wintering male that is often seen near Sailor's
Point. photo
1 Merlin 11/1 photo
1 E. Phoebe 11/3
1 or 2 Common Raven multiple days
Tree Swallow 11/2
1 Barn Swallow 11/2
1 Black-capped Chickadee - multiple days
1 Red-breasted Nuthatch 11/1, 11/5
1 Hermit Thrush 11/7 photo
1 or 2 Gray Catbirds continue
2 Amer. Pipit 11/6
Purple Finch - high report 15 11/1
Pine Siskin - high report 20 11/1
10 sparrow species:
Chipping Sparrow - high report 2 11/1
1 White-crowned Sparrow 11/1, 11/3
1 Vesper Sparrow 11/4 photo Corn field at Sailor's Point
Savannah Sparrow - high report 15 11/4
1 E. Towhee - 11/1, 11/5
Yellow-rumped Warbler - high report 6 11/6 (only warbler reported this week)

A black and white bird has been reported three times over the last month or
more as a breeding plumage Snow Bunting. The species should be in winter
plumage two or more months ago per Sibley. So, I suspect a leucistic bird
with white body but retaining black wings. The last report was 11/7 near
the gravel lot east of Old Limekiln Rd. at the east end of Creek Rd. It was
feeding on goldenrod. I am reporting hoping the many park regular
photographers might try to find it and get a picture.

Thanks to all who report their sightings.

August Mirabella
North Wales, PA

Join us on Facebook!