Date: 11/8/20 2:46 pm
From: Daniel Cimbaro via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Old Saybrook ocean going vultures??
For what it's worth, early Friday morning there was a single immature Bald Eagle hanging out on the rocks off the town beach. I happened to have posted an eBird report with a photo.

https://ebird.org/checklist/S75963096

Dan Cimbaro
Colchester, CT

Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2020 19:00:37 +0000 (UTC)
From: Andrew Block <ablock22168...>
To: "<johnogren63...>" <johnogren63...>, Frank Mantlik
<mantlik...>
Cc: "ctbirds@lists ctbirding. org" <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] Old Saybrook ocean going vultures??

Frank is right.? I see vultures, mostly blacks, but turkey too, all the time along the beaches in the Everglades in Florida, especially at Flamingo.? Haven't up here, but no reason for them not to.? They go where the yummy food is.
Andrew
Andrew v. F. Block
Consulting Naturalist
20 Hancock Avenue, Apt. 3
Yonkers, Westchester Co., New York 10705-4780?www.flickr.com/photos/conuropsis/albums

On Sunday, November 8, 2020, 01:54:35 PM EST, Frank Mantlik via CTBirds <ctbirds...> wrote:

Turkey Vultures and Black Vultures will commonly feed along freshwater or even ocean shorelines, usually on dead fish.

Frank Mantlik
Stratford

Sent from my iPhone