Date: 11/8/20 2:15 pm
From: AMY HOPKINS via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] evergreen trees
Re: Zellene's comment about planting evergreens, another great thing to do is to get Christmas trees either after Christmas that are slated for discarding or even pre-Christmas for the funny looking ones that no one wants to sell and place them around the yard for shelter.  I get 6-7 every year and tie them to trees in my backyard near my feeders so the birds have a place to shelter away from predators.  They'll last a year until the next batch, though of course they start to drop needles.
Amy HopkinsGuilford