Date: 11/8/20 10:54 am
From: Patrick O'Driscoll <patodrisk...>
Subject: [cobirds] Young sapsucker in Denver City Park (Denver Co)
Just saw and pursued from tree to tree a juvenile-immature sapsucker,
either Red-naped or Yellow-bellied, in the southwest corner of the park
about 100 yards northeast of the York-18th Ave intersection.

Smattering of streaky red on head of this brown-tinged bird could mean
either. Both very rare here. I’ll look at my pix at home to get a better
read.

Bird’s attention span was short so no idea if it’ll stick in that area. But
the west side of the park has the oldest trees and is also where I saw
adults of both those species a week apart in April 2018.

Good birding,

Patrick O’Driscoll
Denver