Date: 11/7/20 2:31 pm
From: <slugg...>
Subject: Re: [ia-bird] Where have the Siskins gone?

I have also been wondering where the Pine Siskins have gone.
had 30 to 35 Siskins at my birdfeeders in Ventura, Iowa (Cerro
Gordo
County) the end of October.  Now I have only 5 Siskins
and 5
Goldfinches. Hopefully they just moved farther south, and
we will get
some new northern migrants when the weather changes
again.  I am
still having a Red-'Breasted Nuthatch.and had 1
Female Purple
Finch today.
Paulette Lugg

  On Sat,
November 7, 2020 2:12 pm, Richard Hollis wrote:
> During the week
of 10/11-18 we saw the following, mostly at our feeders:
> 4
Mourning Dove, 0 [30 one day] Turkey Vulture, 1 Cooper's Hawk, 2

Red-bellied Woodpecker, 4 Downy Woodpecker, 2 Hairy Woodpecker, 4 Blue
> Jay, 2 American Crow, 4 Black-capped Chickadee, 2 Tufted Titmouse,
1
> Red-breasted Nuthatch, 3 White-breasted Nuthatch, 0 [1 Last
week] American
> Robin, 1 Carolina Wren, 4 House Sparrow, 0 [1
Last week] Eurasian Tree
> Sparrow, 3 House Finch, 2 Purple Finch,
20-30 Pine Siskin, 5 American
> Goldfinch, 3 Dark-eyed Junco
(Slate-colored), 0 [Last week] White-crowned
> Sparrow, 4
White-throated Sparrow, and 4 Northern Cardinal.

> The
week that includes 10/31 to 11/7 we saw the following. 8 Mourning
> Dove, 2 Red-bellied Woodpecker, 3 Downy Woodpecker, 2 Hairy
Woodpecker, 7
> Blue Jay, 4 American Crow, 3 Black-capped
Chickadee, 2 Tufted Titmouse, 1
> Red-breasted Nuthatch, 2
White-breasted Nuthatch, 1 American Robin, 1
> Carolina Wren, 4
House Sparrow, 1 Eurasian Tree Sparrow, 6 House Finch, 3
> Purple
Finch, 4 Pine Siskin, 20 American Goldfinch, 7 Dark-eyed Junco

(Slate-colored), 0 White-crowned Sparrow, 66 White-throated Sparrow, and
6
> Northern Cardinal.
>
> I call your attention
>
> 20-30 Pine Siskin and 5 American Goldfinch
>
> 4 Pine Siskin, 20 American Goldfinch

Where did the Pine Siskins go?

> Rick Hollis

rural North Liberty IA

> --
> You received this
message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups

"IA-BIRD" group.
> To view this discussion on
the web visit

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ia-bird/<0F51956D-8203-4A97-98F1-1E018097B6CC...>