Date: 11/7/20 12:12 pm
From: Richard Hollis <xiboia...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Where have the Siskins gone?
During the week of 10/11-18 we saw the following, mostly at our feeders: 4 Mourning Dove, 0 [30 one day] Turkey Vulture, 1 Cooper's Hawk, 2 Red-bellied Woodpecker, 4 Downy Woodpecker, 2 Hairy Woodpecker, 4 Blue Jay, 2 American Crow, 4 Black-capped Chickadee, 2 Tufted Titmouse, 1 Red-breasted Nuthatch, 3 White-breasted Nuthatch, 0 [1 Last week] American Robin, 1 Carolina Wren, 4 House Sparrow, 0 [1 Last week] Eurasian Tree Sparrow, 3 House Finch, 2 Purple Finch, 20-30 Pine Siskin, 5 American Goldfinch, 3 Dark-eyed Junco (Slate-colored), 0 [Last week] White-crowned Sparrow, 4 White-throated Sparrow, and 4 Northern Cardinal.

The week that includes 10/31 to 11/7 we saw the following. 8 Mourning Dove, 2 Red-bellied Woodpecker, 3 Downy Woodpecker, 2 Hairy Woodpecker, 7 Blue Jay, 4 American Crow, 3 Black-capped Chickadee, 2 Tufted Titmouse, 1 Red-breasted Nuthatch, 2 White-breasted Nuthatch, 1 American Robin, 1 Carolina Wren, 4 House Sparrow, 1 Eurasian Tree Sparrow, 6 House Finch, 3 Purple Finch, 4 Pine Siskin, 20 American Goldfinch, 7 Dark-eyed Junco (Slate-colored), 0 White-crowned Sparrow, 66 White-throated Sparrow, and 6 Northern Cardinal.

I call your attention to

20-30 Pine Siskin and 5 American Goldfinch

4 Pine Siskin, 20 American Goldfinch

Where did the Pine Siskins go?

Rick Hollis
rural North Liberty IA