Date: 11/6/20 2:35 pm
From: linda hodges <hikerhodges...>
Subject: Re: [cobirds] Chucker in El Paso county
Matt,

The person reporting the Chukar isn't known by the general Colorado Springs
birding community, so we've no way of contacting her.

Also, it's my understanding that the only wild Chukars are on the Western
Slope, so this bird is likely one that was to be used for hunting purposes.
For that reason, it's not officially considered "countable." (Similar to
the Bobwhites that are seen at Chico Basin Ranch from time to time. Again,
brought in to be hunted.)

Just my 2 cents.

Linda Hodges
Colorado Springs