Date: 11/6/20 10:23 am
From: Shawneen Finnegan <shawneenfinnegan...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Camera/binocular harness
Marty:

These were called Tripacks (sp?) and I bought two of them long ago from David and Sue Yee’s business called Wandering Tattler. This was at least 30 years ago and it is still in great shape. I still have one or maybe both though I haven’t used it in ages due to having knee issues way back when. The tripods and scopes were so heavy back then I had to stop carrying one around with me on long hikes.

Shawneen Finnegan
Beaverton

> On Nov 6, 2020, at 9:33 AM, Lew & Marti Ligocki <ligockibirds...> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> About 35 years ago, we had a carry-system that put a tripod with legs partially extended on our backs with a camera body attached, but not a big lens. We carried the lens/s in vest pockets and bins on straps or on a harness. We moved away from this mainly because it took too long to set up and get a shot. Worked better for folks who used it for tripod and scope. I think these were called Tri-packs and were sort of promoted by George Lepp. As I recall, they were made by a Mom-and-Pop company that specialized in gear for photographers, so they might not even be available today.
>
> Hope this adds a useful dimension to the search.
>
> Marti Ligocki
> South Salem

Join us on Facebook!