Date: 11/6/20 8:24 am
From: Dorothy Paugh <aldopaugh...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Patuxent Research Refuge-- South Tract 11/5
Yesterday afternoon Allen & I walked around the lake to see a pied-billed grebe, 3 blue-winged teal, a pair of wood ducks, several kildeer, mallards, about 50 ring-necked ducks and many Canada geese. Also saw a great blue heron, several goldfinches at the feeders, a red-bellied woodpecker, a kinglet, lots of white-throated sparrows, red-winged blackbirds and bluebirds.

On Wed. afternoon on the B & A trail near the pumping station off Race Track Rd in Bowie, I was focusing on a sparrow-sized bird in a tree about 8 feet from me, when a Coopers Hawk dove at it unsuccessfully. The hawk was as surprised to see me as I him.

Enjoy this weather!

Dorothy Paugh
Bowie, MD