Date: 11/6/20 7:54 am
From: Stuart Sparkman <jacamar29...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Oak Grove, Saylorville
Hey I-Birders,

Karen, Harney, and I stopped by Oak Grove Beach this morning at
Saylorville Reservoir (Polk Co.), hoping for a look at the RED PHALAROPE.
After some scoping Karen located the bird in the direction of the bridge
and, though somewhat distant, got nice views due to calm waters and
excellent light conditions. Nearby I spotted a WESTERN GREBE, which is a
nice find. Not much else on the lake, though we saw about 30 or so COMMON
LOONS and three RED-BREASTED MERGANSERS. An AMERICAN PIPIT flew over us at
one point. I wonder how long this phalarope will stick around. Must be
finding enough to eat.

Good Birding,

Stuart Sparkman
NW Des Moines