Date: 11/5/20 4:54 pm
From: Ty Smedes <ty.smedes...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Glendale Cemetery Merlin
It wasn’t planned, but at the last moment, I decided to duck into Des Moines’ Glendale Cemetery at 5:00pm tonight, while driving past on university Ave. Drove up the hill, to block #20 and a Merlin was perched at the top of a pine – the only pine on the block with the highest 6ft dead - providing great visibility.

Also – for got to report that while sitting on my deer stand a half hr. before sunrise, a Woodcock went winging by. And heard a Pileated calling in the distance.

Ty Smedes

Ty Smedes Nature Photography
Polk City
Iowa

www.smedesphoto.com
phone #515-984-9632

"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it" - Thomas Jefferson