Date: 11/5/20 1:20 pm
From: Teage O'Connor <badger.meli...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] Snowy Owls and Snow Geese
I was out at Dead Creek at the viewing area on 17W for about an hour on
Tuesday morning and, as Bryan said, the geese were obscured by the
vegetation to the south. Over the hour, they took off and flew in a big
loop 4 times. So with a little patience you'll be rewarded.

Teage O'Connor
CrowsPath.org <https://crowspath.org/>

*Wild Burlington natural history newsletter*
- https://crowspath.org/newsletter
*The Single Acorn Podcast*
- https://crowspath.org/podcast

On Thu, 5 Nov 2020 at 16:14, Bryan Pfeiffer <bryan...> wrote:

> Hi, David (and other VTBIRDers):
>
> Your best bet is the official Goose Viewing Area on Route 17, just east of
> Dead Creek itself. It’s hit or miss there, in part because geese can be
> sitting in a wet depression to the south and out of sight from the viewing
> area. Another option is to return to Route 22A, drive south 1 mile, turn
> right and drive west on Gage Road toward its terminus. The viewing here is
> also hit or miss, with geese, even if you do see them, often far away.
> Please do not trespass on farmland or the refuge here.
>
> Basically, as I write in my backgrounder (
> https://bryanpfeiffer.com/2015/10/14/the-snow-goose-scoop/), the Snow
> Goose spectacle ain’t what it used to be. But don’t let that stop you —
> we’ve always got some fine birding in the Champlain Valley this time of
> year, geese or no geese.
>
> Best,
> Bryan
>

> > 0
> > « Newer | Older »
> > Subject: Snowy Owls and Snow Geese
> > Date: Thu Nov 5 2020 14:14 pm
> > From: 0000005c520ea7e6-dmarc-request AT list.uvm.edu
> >
> > Thanks for doing this Bryan. My grandson. Aidan Quinn, and I are going
> to hit Dead Creek on Saturday morning. Do you have a more specific location
> for the SO sighting at dead creek last week. Was it on Gage Road or
> somewhere. Always enjoy you blogs,
> >
> > David Book

> www.bryanpfeiffer.com

Join us on Facebook!