Date: 11/5/20 1:14 pm
From: Bryan Pfeiffer <bryan...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] Snowy Owls and Snow Geese
Hi, David (and other VTBIRDers):

Your best bet is the official Goose Viewing Area on Route 17, just east of Dead Creek itself. It’s hit or miss there, in part because geese can be sitting in a wet depression to the south and out of sight from the viewing area. Another option is to return to Route 22A, drive south 1 mile, turn right and drive west on Gage Road toward its terminus. The viewing here is also hit or miss, with geese, even if you do see them, often far away. Please do not trespass on farmland or the refuge here.

Basically, as I write in my backgrounder (https://bryanpfeiffer.com/2015/10/14/the-snow-goose-scoop/), the Snow Goose spectacle ain’t what it used to be. But don’t let that stop you — we’ve always got some fine birding in the Champlain Valley this time of year, geese or no geese.

Best,
Bryan

> 0
> « Newer | Older »
> Subject: Snowy Owls and Snow Geese
> Date: Thu Nov 5 2020 14:14 pm
> From: 0000005c520ea7e6-dmarc-request AT list.uvm.edu
>
> Thanks for doing this Bryan. My grandson. Aidan Quinn, and I are going to hit Dead Creek on Saturday morning. Do you have a more specific location for the SO sighting at dead creek last week. Was it on Gage Road or somewhere. Always enjoy you blogs,
>
> David Book

www.bryanpfeiffer.com

Join us on Facebook!