Date: 11/5/20 6:03 am
From: Daniel Mason <millipede1977...>
Subject: dreams and reality...
They can both be fascinating.
Had a dream this morning of an odd and large hummingbird. I was chasing it
all over trying to get a photo. I think that was part of my fantasy since I
don't have a camera these days :( This hummingbird had purple on the
throat and some almost brick reddish brown on the sides of the head and the
sides of the body. Odd bird. In the dream I flipped through a field guide
and decided it was some form/morph or violetear. HA.

Reality was almost as interesting. Couldn't sleep and eventually went
outside before the kids got up. Had about 22 species if you count the flock
of rusty/brewers blackbirds that flew over. Most interesting that had me
doing a double take was a common loon flying over the yard. That's a first
for this yard...
Well, a first that I've seen. I always go back to the thought of just how
many species, even rare ones, stop by or fly over the yard without ever
being noticed because someone isn't birding the yard 24/7.
This all has me itching to get out and go birding RIGHT NOW(same with the
plovers in Centerton) but responsibility is calling. :(
2ish to 4ish this afternoon I'll be out and about though... possibly city
lake in Siloam Springs. Hopefully the boaters don't scare away anything
interesting.

--
Daniel Mason

or click the following link: