Date: 11/4/20 7:39 am
From: Williams, Lisa <liswilliam...>
Subject: REMINDER - Sandhill Crane Fall Survey - Oct 26-Nov 4
FINAL DAY OF SURVEY. THANKS SO MUCH TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATE!!

The Fall Crane Survey continues through Nov 4. We'd love to hear about your sightings!
To report crane observations at any time of the year, complete the online report at this weblink:
https://pgcdatacollection.pa.gov/pasandhillcranefallsurvey

2019 Findings:

2019 marked the most successful year in Pennsylvania's seven years of conducting the Fall Sandhill Crane Survey. A whopping 288 cranes were observed in the October/November survey period, nearly doubling our previous state high-count! This is 120 more cranes than observed in any previous year. In addition, intriguing fly-over sightings occurred in Lancaster, Philadelphia and Elk counties during the survey period. This is further evidence that the sandhill crane population continues to expand in PA. A record high of 8 counties supported crane observations this year. Listed from highest to lowest number of cranes observed: Crawford, Lawrence, Mercer, Erie, Sullivan, Lackawanna, Wyoming and Lancaster.

Thanks to everyone who went the extra mile to complete the survey in 2019 and I look forward to seeing your 2020 observations!

Lisa
Lisa M. Williams, Wildlife Biologist - Grouse, Woodcock, Webless Migratory Program
PA Game Commission
<liswilliam...>

It is OK to print this e-mail. Paper is a renewable, recyclable, and biodegradable product made from trees. Well-managed forests are good for the environment - providing wildlife habitat for dozens of species and communities that require young forests.

Join us on Facebook!