Date: 11/3/20 6:52 am
From: Patricia Valdata <pvaldata1...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Evening Grosbeaks Bethesda Backyard, Mont. Co. this morning
I looked them up in the Birder's Life List and Diary my husband Bob gave me
almost 40 years ago. My first sighting was in 1981 in Locktown, NJ, where a
noisy flock was on a platform feeder. But I forgot that I had six of them
come to the feeder one December day in 1993 when we lived in Elkton, so
today's bird (Yard Bird #113) was actually my third sighting of these
beautiful birds. It was around for only about five minutes.

I keep a life list in an Excel spreadsheet to make sure the arithmetic is
correct, but I still write bird sightings in the old, spiral-bound diary.
It's fun for me to look at early entries and recapture the excitement of
seeing species for the first time.

Pat Valdata
Crisfield, Somerset County