Date: 11/3/20 5:46 am
From: Teresa Hertzel <teresa.hertzel...>
Subject: [obol] Fwd: [eBird Alert] Oregon Rare Bird Alert
*** Species Summary:

Mandarin Duck (1 Josephine)
White-winged Scoter (2 Benton)
Long-tailed Duck (1 Union, 6 Washington)
Red-breasted Merganser (1 Hood River, 1 Union)
Red-necked Grebe (1 Wasco)
Sandhill Crane (1 Grant)
Long-billed Curlew (2 Lincoln)
Lesser Black-backed Gull (3 Wasco)
Red-throated Loon (1 Multnomah)
Pacific Loon (1 Umatilla, 1 Wasco)
American White Pelican (1 Wasco)
Ferruginous Hawk (1 Linn)
Red-naped Sapsucker (1 Grant)
Lewis's Woodpecker (1 Klamath)
Say's Phoebe (1 Deschutes)
Blue Jay (1 Deschutes, 1 Union)
Mountain Chickadee (2 Multnomah)
Rock Wren (1 Benton)
Gray Catbird (1 Umatilla)
Sage Thrasher (1 Deschutes)
Townsend's Solitaire (1 Benton)
Evening Grosbeak (type 1) (1 Harney)
Gray-crowned Rosy-Finch (1 Grant, 2 Wallowa)
Gray-crowned Rosy-Finch (Hepburn's) (2 Multnomah)
Lapland Longspur (1 Union)
Snow Bunting (2 Benton, 4 Lincoln)
Savannah Sparrow (1 Harney)
Red-winged Blackbird (Red-winged) (1 Multnomah)
Common Yellowthroat (1 Harney)
Yellow-rumped Warbler (Myrtle x Audubon's) (1 Wasco)

Mandarin Duck (Aix galericulata) (1)
- Reported Nov 02, 2020 11:55 by Marlowe Kissinger
- Riverside Park (Josephine Co.), Josephine, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.328305&<ll...>,-123.328305
- Media: 3 Photos
- Comments: "Seems to be a resident now"

White-winged Scoter (Melanitta deglandi) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 02, 2020 14:52 by Jamie Simmons
- Philomath Sewage Ponds (restricted access), Benton, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.3461237&<ll...>,-123.3461237
- Comments: "Will add photos. Continuing."

White-winged Scoter (Melanitta deglandi) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 02, 2020 09:34 by Ken Chamberlain
- Philomath Sewage Ponds (restricted access), Benton, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.3461237&<ll...>,-123.3461237
- Media: 3 Photos
- Comments: "Continuing photos"

Long-tailed Duck (Clangula hyemalis) (1)
- Reported Nov 02, 2020 13:47 by David Irons
- Henry Hagg Lake Park (Scoggins Valley Park), Washington, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.2135582&<ll...>,-123.2135582
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "Continuing female."

Long-tailed Duck (Clangula hyemalis) (1)
- Reported Nov 02, 2020 13:47 by Shawneen Finnegan
- Henry Hagg Lake Park (Scoggins Valley Park), Washington, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.2135582&<ll...>,-123.2135582
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "Continuing female."

Long-tailed Duck (Clangula hyemalis) (1)
- Reported Nov 02, 2020 11:18 by Sandy Mico
- Henry Hagg Lake Park (Scoggins Valley Park), Washington, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.2135582&<ll...>,-123.2135582
- Comments: "Continuing. Found by Dave Irons swimming off Elks Rec spot
with surf scoter. White face with smudged cheek and white breast, dark
brown back."

Long-tailed Duck (Clangula hyemalis) (1)
- Reported Nov 02, 2020 09:11 by Dwight Porter
- Henry Hagg Lake Park (Scoggins Valley Park), Washington, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.2135582&<ll...>,-123.2135582
- Comments: "Known rarity. Dark cap, dark cheek with white in between. Long
dives. I timed one dive- approximately 70 seconds. Seen from Elks Rec Area
across lake right near the shore below the dam overlook. Terrible photos."

Long-tailed Duck (Clangula hyemalis) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 01, 2020 07:17 by Ryan Downey
- Henry Hagg Lake Park (Scoggins Valley Park), Washington, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.2135582&<ll...>,-123.2135582
- Comments: "Continuing associating with SuSc"

Long-tailed Duck (Clangula hyemalis) (1)
- Reported Oct 31, 2020 10:00 by Tanya Pluth
- Henry Hagg Lake Park (Scoggins Valley Park), Washington, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.2135582&<ll...>,-123.2135582
- Comments: "Took me a few trips to finally see this guy. I had a hard time
picking it out from the surf scoters and female greater scaups out in the
lake. But with patience and tips from a few fellow birders, I was able to
get some good looks finally. As reported by many - medium sized sea duck,
rounded head, mostly white face with brown patch. Noted white collar, solid
brown wing and white patches near the rump. Too far for out for a worthy
photo."

Long-tailed Duck (Clangula hyemalis) (1)
- Reported Nov 02, 2020 07:15 by Russ Morgan
- La Grande Sewage Ponds, Union, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-118.0295563&<ll...>,-118.0295563
- Media: 4 Photos
- Comments: "Continuing. Photo’s"

Red-breasted Merganser (Mergus serrator) (1)
- Reported Nov 02, 2020 16:32 by Philip Kline
- Hood River mouth, Hood River, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-121.5063858&<ll...>,-121.5063858
- Comments: "Photos. Nice comparison with a Common."

Red-breasted Merganser (Mergus serrator) (1)
- Reported Nov 02, 2020 07:15 by Russ Morgan
- La Grande Sewage Ponds, Union, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-118.0295563&<ll...>,-118.0295563
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "Photo’s. Medium sized, slender-necked merganser with light
rusty head, wispy feathers on head, and thin bill."

Red-necked Grebe (Podiceps grisegena) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 01, 2020 16:21 by Jeff Hayes
- Lone Pine Island viewpoint (restricted access), Wasco, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-121.139799&<ll...>,-121.139799
- Comments: "Medium-large chunky grebe with longish neck and chisel-like
bill, diving and resurfacing in deeper water just west of rocky islets.
Not as lanky or as contrasty as Western."

Sandhill Crane (Antigone canadensis) (75)
- Reported Nov 02, 2020 16:04 by Tom Winters
- 21524 Spring Rd, Mount Vernon US-OR 44.24211, -119.10631, Grant, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-119.10631&<ll...>,-119.10631
- Comments: "In flight"

Long-billed Curlew (Numenius americanus) (3)
- Reported Nov 02, 2020 10:46 by David Harrison
- Mark Hatfield Marine Science Center and Estuary Trail, Lincoln, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-124.0434766&<ll...>,-124.0434766
- Comments: "Unmistakable. Large cinnamon buff shorebird with very long
down-curved bill, no stripes on head."

Long-billed Curlew (Numenius americanus) (3)
- Reported Nov 02, 2020 09:46 by Will Wright
- Oregon Coast Aquarium grounds and pond, Lincoln, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-124.0482724&<ll...>,-124.0482724
- Comments: "Continuing"

Lesser Black-backed Gull (Larus fuscus) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 02, 2020 12:02 by Philip Kline
- Lone Pine Island viewpoint (restricted access), Wasco, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-121.139799&<ll...>,-121.139799
- Comments: "Continuing adult."

Lesser Black-backed Gull (Larus fuscus) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 01, 2020 16:21 by Jeff Hayes
- Lone Pine Island viewpoint (restricted access), Wasco, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-121.139799&<ll...>,-121.139799
- Comments: "Adult, seen on long rocky islet, loafing alongside 100+
California Gulls. Same size as Cal, with slate gray mantle, black primary
tips, mainly white head with some darker smudging on crown and nape, pale
eyes, yellow bill with red gonydeal spot, yellow legs. This bird was
easily distinguished from Cals by its obviously much darker mantle, more
subtle differences were the bill (Cals have a small red spot and a dark
gray/black spot) and eyes (Cals have dark eyes) and legs (Cals have dull
grayish-yellowish legs, while the LBBG had brighter yellow legs.)

All of the gulls on the islet suddenly took flight around 15 minutes after
I arrived, as the sun was going down, circled over the area and eventually
headed east over The Dalles Dam. I was able to see the darker underside of
the wings on this bird as it circled and gained altitude amongst the other
gulls."

Lesser Black-backed Gull (Larus fuscus) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 01, 2020 09:28 by Kelli Van Norman
- Lone Pine Island viewpoint (restricted access), Wasco, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-121.139799&<ll...>,-121.139799
- Comments: "Continuing Gull, much darker mantle than nearby California
Gulls, very red gape dot, yellow legs."

Red-throated Loon (Gavia stellata) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 02, 2020 08:43 by Andrew S. Aldrich
- Hayden Island--Columbia Point, Multnomah, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-122.667591&<ll...>,-122.667591
- Comments: "Likely continuing. Smallish bill held upright"

Pacific Loon (Gavia pacifica) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 02, 2020 12:02 by Philip Kline
- Lone Pine Island viewpoint (restricted access), Wasco, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-121.139799&<ll...>,-121.139799
- Comments: "Smooth, rounded head. Medium-length bill. Straight line
separating dark upperparts from white underparts on head and neck."

Pacific Loon (Gavia pacifica) (1)
- Reported Nov 02, 2020 15:32 by Mark Ludwick
- McNary Dam--Boat Ramp, Umatilla, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-119.2918226&<ll...>,-119.2918226
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "Continuing"

American White Pelican (Pelecanus erythrorhynchos) (4) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 01, 2020 16:06 by Jeff Hayes
- I-84 Mile 91, Wasco Co OR, Wasco, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-121.0671643&<ll...>,-121.0671643
- Comments: "Huge white birds loafing on rocks in river - probably the
pelicans which have been reported from John Day Dam recently."

Ferruginous Hawk (Buteo regalis) (1)
- Reported Oct 31, 2020 13:07 by Thomas Gilg
- Creek Dr., Linn, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.181558&<ll...>,-123.181558
- Comments: "Seen NW of Creek Dr / Smith Rd intersection. Clean white from
head to belly"

Red-naped Sapsucker (Sphyrapicus nuchalis) (1)
- Reported Nov 02, 2020 14:28 by Jennifer Lewis
- John Day Fossil Beds Visitor Center--James Cant Ranch, Grant, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-119.644657&<ll...>,-119.644657
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Will add photos"

Lewis's Woodpecker (Melanerpes lewis) (1)
- Reported Nov 02, 2020 15:28 by Dean Jones
- Harbor Links Golf Course, Klamath Falls US-OR (42.2471,-121.8129),
Klamath, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-121.812889&<ll...>,-121.812889
- Comments: "Dark woodpecker exhibiting fly catching behavior. Juvenile
plumage. Larger than a robin, dark dorsally and ventrally, wings in
proportion to body typical of LEWO. No photo. On HARBOR Links GC."

Say's Phoebe (Sayornis saya) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 02, 2020 09:33 by Dean Angiola
- Hatfield Lake, Deschutes, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-121.198554&<ll...>,-121.198554
- Comments: "flycatcher. gray head with rusty belly and dark tail...smaller
than robin. perching on. top of weeds near water... unmistakable .flew off
to junipers started singing in the distance later."

Blue Jay (Cyanocitta cristata) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 02, 2020 08:52 by Donald Sutherland
- 70585 Northwest 96th Court, Terrebonne, Oregon, US (44.356, -121.278),
Deschutes, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-121.277554&<ll...>,-121.277554
- Comments: "Continuing bird"

Blue Jay (Cyanocitta cristata) (1)
- Reported Nov 02, 2020 11:00 by Dave Trochlell
- B Avenue, Union, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-118.0912257&<ll...>,-118.0912257
- Comments: "Continuing. I clearly heard the bird calling "jaay, jaay,
jaay" at about 11:15 from an unknown location southwest of B Avenue, but at
11: 25 I had a great view of this Blue Jay as it flew northward over B
Avenue toward the neighborhoods west of the EOU campus."

Mountain Chickadee (Poecile gambeli) (6) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 02, 2020 07:51 by Nick Mrvelj
- Sherrard Point, Multnomah, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-122.087717&<ll...>,-122.087717
- Media: 1 Audio
- Comments: "Several individuals mixed in with RBNU, GCKI, and BRCR.
Initially identified by vocalizations, as the birds sounded more drawn out
and raspier than a BCCH. They were largely in the tops of the firs and
difficult to view. The few individuals I did see had a reduced amount of
buff coloration on the sides/flanks, were rather pale and grayish, and had
discernible white superciliums. I estimate there were as many as 8
individuals, as I was hearing them steadily during my walk to Sherrard
Point, and even once at the top. On the way back down, nearly two hours
later, I did not detect a single MOCH."

Mountain Chickadee (Poecile gambeli) (5) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 02, 2020 07:46 by Philip Kline
- Sherrard Point, Multnomah, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-122.087717&<ll...>,-122.087717
- Media: 1 Audio
- Comments: "Details and documentation pending."

Rock Wren (Salpinctes obsoletus) (1)
- Reported Nov 01, 2020 12:46 by Jane Thomas
- William L. Finley NWR--Pigeon Butte, Benton, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.3162868&<ll...>,-123.3162868
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Very pale, at least one on rocks at Pigeon Butte... possibly
two or more."

Gray Catbird (Dumetella carolinensis) (1)
- Reported Nov 02, 2020 15:51 by Mark Ludwick
- McNary Wildlife Nature Area, Umatilla, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-119.3130684&<ll...>,-119.3130684
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "Bird was found earlier today by Aaron Skirvin. Near the blind
on the east side of Rookery Pond. Showed itself for 20-25 seconds, then
disappeared into the brambles. I came back later, but did not see it
again."

Sage Thrasher (Oreoscoptes montanus) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 02, 2020 14:15 by Tom Crabtree
- Hatfield Lake, Deschutes, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-121.198554&<ll...>,-121.198554
- Media: 3 Photos
- Comments: "Found yesterday by Peter Low. Photos."

Townsend's Solitaire (Myadestes townsendi) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 02, 2020 07:20 by Mark Baldwin
- Marys Peak, Benton, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.5505647&<ll...>,-123.5505647
- Comments: "Smaller thrush, dark gray with buffy primary & secondary
coverts. Flew like an AMRO but more slender. No orange breast or white
belly. Flew west to east across the row of noble firs. Buff coverts clearly
visible though I didn’t pick up the eye ring. Could not relocate."

Evening Grosbeak (type 1) (Coccothraustes vespertinus (type 1)) (3)
CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 02, 2020 07:06 by Rich Hoyer
- Steens Mountain Gravel Depot, Harney, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-118.73442&<ll...>,-118.73442
- Comments: "Recording"

Gray-crowned Rosy-Finch (Leucosticte tephrocotis) (7)
- Reported Nov 01, 2020 15:57 by Jason Fidorra
- Chief Joseph east ridge 45.28252, -117.25277, Wallowa, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-117.252772&<ll...>,-117.252772
- Comments: "9000’"

Gray-crowned Rosy-Finch (Leucosticte tephrocotis) (3)
- Reported Nov 01, 2020 13:54 by Jason Fidorra
- Hurwal Divide summit (45.2594,-117.2652), Wallowa, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-117.26524&<ll...>,-117.26524
- Comments: "9700’ on summit of Hurwal divide. Expected here as usually
seen at 9000’ peaks in Wallowas where snow and scree meet."

Gray-crowned Rosy-Finch (Leucosticte tephrocotis) (10)
- Reported Nov 02, 2020 11:26 by Jennifer Lewis
- John Day Fossil Beds NM--Blue Basin Trail, Grant, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-119.6312213&<ll...>,-119.6312213
- Comments: "Exact count. Flock foraging on hillside with DEJU and AMRO.
Dark body with pink tint, light grey head with black around light-colored
bill"

Gray-crowned Rosy-Finch (Hepburn's) (Leucosticte tephrocotis littoralis)
(6) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 02, 2020 07:51 by Nick Mrvelj
- Sherrard Point, Multnomah, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-122.087717&<ll...>,-122.087717
- Comments: "Once at the top of Sherrard Point, Philip and I saw six House
Finch sized birds undulating in flight toward us. While they were flying, I
was hearing some unfamiliar vocalizations, which sounded almost like a
House Sparrow (their vreer call). The other type of vocalization we were
hearing sounded like Red Crossbils (their churt call). At the time, neither
vocalization was familiar to us. As the birds got closer, they flew near
the top and banked to the north, providing us a chance to see them with the
sun behind us in perfect light. We both immediately recognized them as
Gray-crowned Rosy-Finches. It was a brief detection, but we clearly saw
gray heads, against dark, warm, brownish-pink bodies. The birds I locked on
to had complete gray hoods, which is why I identified them to the
subspecies level. They eventually landed on the northern cliff face,
unfortunately out of sight. We repositioned ourselves further down the
steps to try and steal another glimpse, but unfortunately, the birds
flushed as we did so. They appeared to land on the eastern section of
Sherrard Point and well out of sight. We did not hear nor see them again
for the following hour and a half we were there."

Gray-crowned Rosy-Finch (Hepburn's) (Leucosticte tephrocotis littoralis)
(6) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 02, 2020 07:46 by Philip Kline
- Sherrard Point, Multnomah, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-122.087717&<ll...>,-122.087717
- Comments: "Details pending."

Lapland Longspur (Calcarius lapponicus) (1)
- Reported Nov 02, 2020 09:30 by Michael Daugherty
- Ramo Flat, Union, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-117.8391137&<ll...>,-117.8391137
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "Seen on grassy hillock on edge of stock pond 3 miles from
bottom of hill, .5 miles above old homestead. Photo by Susan Daugherty"

Snow Bunting (Plectrophenax nivalis) (3)
- Reported Nov 02, 2020 09:03 by Will Wright
- 97365, Newport US-OR 44.62069, -124.06469, Lincoln, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-124.064693&<ll...>,-124.064693
- Comments: "3 white below, caramel / gray above with short yellow bills
foraging in dune beach grass with lalo"

Snow Bunting (Plectrophenax nivalis) (3)
- Reported Nov 02, 2020 13:45 by David Harrison
- Auto selected 44.62215, -124.06598, Lincoln, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-124.065976&<ll...>,-124.065976
- Comments: "On beach"

Snow Bunting (Plectrophenax nivalis) (3)
- Reported Nov 02, 2020 08:00 by Pam Otley
- Marys Peak, Benton, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.5505647&<ll...>,-123.5505647
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "Seen at summit, perched on chain-link fence."

Snow Bunting (Plectrophenax nivalis) (6) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 02, 2020 07:20 by Mark Baldwin
- Marys Peak, Benton, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.5505647&<ll...>,-123.5505647
- Comments: "On road just below & west of summit. Never more than three on
the ground together but six were noted in flight after three on the ground
flushed. Photos"

Snow Bunting (Plectrophenax nivalis) (3)
- Reported Nov 02, 2020 13:30 by Loretta Springer
- Yaquina Bay - North Jetty, Lincoln, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-124.0789355&<ll...>,-124.0789355
- Media: 3 Photos

Snow Bunting (Plectrophenax nivalis) (3)
- Reported Nov 02, 2020 11:49 by Neil Bjorklund
- Yaquina River--North Shore, Lincoln, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-124.0640116&<ll...>,-124.0640116
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Continuing birds. Seen foraging and perching from from 15
feet. Moving along the north side of the jetty, occasionally perching on
rocks with 2 Lapland Longspurs. Photos."

Savannah Sparrow (Passerculus sandwichensis) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 02, 2020 07:06 by Rich Hoyer
- Steens Mountain Gravel Depot, Harney, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-118.73442&<ll...>,-118.73442
- Comments: "Recording"

Red-winged Blackbird (Red-winged) (Agelaius phoeniceus [phoeniceus Group])
(1)
- Reported Nov 02, 2020 14:28 by Colton Veltkamp
- Grant Butte, Multnomah, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-122.4663967&<ll...>,-122.4663967
- Comments: "Heard only (I was using eBird mobile and it wasn’t marked as
rare until I entered my location, so I didn’t notice that it was marked as
rare. Is this the correct subspecies for the area?)"

Common Yellowthroat (Geothlypis trichas) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 02, 2020 09:10 by Rich Hoyer
- Malheur NWR--Central Patrol Rd.--Krumbo Reservoir Rd. to P Ranch, Harney,
Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-118.8856745&<ll...>,-118.8856745
- Comments: "Getting late"

Yellow-rumped Warbler (Myrtle x Audubon's) (Setophaga coronata coronata x
auduboni) (1)
- Reported Nov 02, 2020 14:24 by Philip Kline
- The Dalles Riverfront Park, Wasco, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-121.1664104&<ll...>,-121.1664104
- Comments: "Not an uncommon hybrid if you ever comb through large numbers
of yellow-rumpeds in western Oregon. Saw a handful of other likely
suspects too. This bird had a typical Myrtle face pattern with the white
throat extending around auriculars, but with yellow in the center of the
throat patch."

Join us on Facebook!