Date: 11/2/20 5:16 pm
From: Karen Holliday <ladyhawke1...>
Subject: Lake Dardanelle Today
blockquote, div.yahoo_quoted { margin-left: 0 !important; border-left:1px #715FFA solid !important; padding-left:1ex !important; background-color:white !important; } Allan Mueller, Randy Robinson, and I birded Lake Dardanelle today, Monday.  We were looking for the great birds Kenny Nichols found on the lake during the previous 24 hours.  We checked multiple locations around the lake, including from Kenny's property.  Unfortunately, we didn't find hide nor hair of the Black Scoters, the White-winged Scoter, the Long-tailed Duck, or the Red-throated Loon.  We did find a Common Loon, lots of various duck species, Snow Geese, Bald Eagles, and the always present Double-crested Cormorants.  Gull species included lots of Ring-billed and Bonaparte's, a couple of Herring Gulls, and quite a few Franklin's Gulls.
We visited with a very nice, local, gentleman at the Russelville side of the dam.  He said the construction crew under contract for repairing the flood damage along the river is finishing up at Toad Suck and is scheduled to then start work on the Dardanelle side of the dam.  He said it is okay to park at the top of the hill at the barriers, which leads down to the river on the Dardanelle side, and walk down to the damaged parking area and bird from there.  There is already a crew working on repairs on the Russelville side.  While at the Russelville side, we tried for the Rock Wren, but got no response.
In spite of missing our our target species, we had a fun day!  Great company, lots of sunshine, mild temps, and no wind, all made for a perfect day to go lake birding.Karen Holliday(Birding Pope, Yell, and Logan Counties)

or click the following link: