Date: 11/2/20 10:28 am
From: Richard Littauer <richard.littauer...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] Redpolls
Redpolls are currently popping up all over New England. Here's the eBird map
<https://ebird.org/map/comred?neg=true&env.minX=&env.minY=&env.maxX=&env.maxY=&zh=false&gp=false&ev=Z&mr=8-11&bmo=8&emo=11&yr=cur&byr=2020&eyr=2020>.
Looking at the Vermont distribution graph
<https://ebird.org/species/comred/US-VT>, they normally start showing up in
force in three weeks, and then peak in February. So, they may be early.
This appears to be a good year for all of our finches - Evening Grosbeaks
and Pine Siskins have been showing up in numbers. Even some Pine Grosbeaks,
which weren't projected to irrupt by the Finch forecast, are around. So,
we'll see whether even more Redpolls show up in a few weeks.

Here's hoping the Snowy Owls come south soon, too!

Best,

--
Richard | @richlitt <https://twitter.com/richlitt> | burntfen.com
<http://www.burntfen.com>