Date: 11/2/20 10:01 am
From: Gail Mackiernan <katahdinss...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Re: One time MEGA alert: Common Cuckoo in Rhode Island
No, and they are long-distance migrants. Could also, of course, be ship-assisted. Although as an insectivore not sure if it would survive a long voyage. Always a possibility with (some) birds. On a cruise from Japan to Alaska my nephew had white wagtails on board into US waters, and they (birds and people) disembarked at Kodak. He saw a couple of the Wagtails later on shore, along a small stream. On the same route a year earlier, we found a freshly dead Wood Sandpiper on an upper deck.

Gail Mackiernan
Colesville

Sent from my iPad