Date: 11/2/20 7:58 am
From: Amy Roberts <amyroberts999...>
Subject: [cobirds] Louisiana waterfowl?
Hello! I hope asking about non-Colorado birds is okay. If not, my apologies!!

I’m currently visiting family in NW Louisiana (otherwise known as East Texas). Went out to the wildlife refuge today and spotted tons of these black waterfowl swimming with the pelicans. I’m having a hard time identifying them. Their bills seem to be black, which I think rules out double-breasted cormorants? But they seem to be completely black (or nearly so) with rather long bills, which seems to rule out everything else my app is showing me. Any thoughts?
Thanks so much!!

Amy Roberts
Normally in Ft Collins but currently in Bossier City, LA

Sent from my iPad