Date: 11/2/20 7:55 am
From: Laura & Mike Jackson <jacksonlaura73...>
Subject: Bedford County - Evening Grosbeaks
We finally saw some Evening Grosbeaks today a little after 7 am: 2 males and 6 females/immatures. The lighting was bad since we had snow flurries and they were perched in a tree against the white sky.
We are about 20 miles north of the Maryland border. Friends near Bedford saw some last week.

Bring on the crossbills!!

Laura Jackson

eBird list:

Mountain Meadows, Bedford, Pennsylvania, US
Nov 2, 2020 7:16 AM - 8:15 AM
Protocol: Stationary
Checklist Comments: windy, cold, with snow flurries
17 species

Mourning Dove 8
Turkey Vulture 1
Red-tailed Hawk 2
Downy Woodpecker 2
Hairy Woodpecker 2
Pileated Woodpecker 1
Blue Jay 8
Black-capped Chickadee 1
Tufted Titmouse 3
White-breasted Nuthatch 1
Evening Grosbeak 8 Two male and six female/immature. Stocky with big bill. The males had a yellow forehead and dark brown and yellow body. The female/immatures are grayish brown.
House Finch 2
Purple Finch 2
Pine Siskin 81
American Goldfinch 9