Date: 11/2/20 7:44 am
From: elena <elena...>
Subject: [cobirds] Yellow-bellied Sapsucker juvenile in Niwot
There is a probable juvenile Yellow-bellied Sapsucker in my yard, I first saw him/her at around 7:15 and wasn’t sure if it was a YBSA or RNSA, but it it was overall brownish, not as dark on the sides, and the top of the head was browner and not blacker, a very slight tinge of red on the forehead. My neighbor is a NatGeo photographer and got some decent shots; Peter Burke and Carl Starace also came by. Photos are on the eBird list. If people want to come by, it would be best to park on Franklin Street, or Peppertree Drive and walk over, as the parking on Niwot Road is not safe and blocks the bikeway. 7712 Niwot Road, it’s in the back yard and has a couple of trees where sapsucker wells are visible.

Elena Holly Klaver
United States Court Certified Interpreter
Conference Interpreter English < > Spanish
303.475.5189
Member:
Colorado Association of Professional Interpreters (CAPI)
American Translators Association
Colorado Translators Association

I acknowledge that I live in the territory of Hinóno'éí (Arapaho) and Cheyenne nations, according to the 1851 Treaty of Fort Laramie, and that Colorado's Front Range is home to the Ute and many other Native peoples. Reconozco que vivo en el territorio de las naciones Hinóno’éí (Arapaho) y Cheyenne, según el 1851 Tratado de Fort Laramie, y que el estado de Colorado al este de las Montañas Rocosas es territorio de los Utes y muchos otros pueblos indígenas.