Date: 11/2/20 3:58 am
From: Gail Mackiernan <katahdinss...>
Subject: [MDBirding] One time MEGA alert: Common Cuckoo in Rhode Island
Hi all,

Well if 2020 couldn’t get more weird, there is a Common Cuckoo in Rhode
Island, found yesterday. This is probably one of the least expected species I can think of, although they are long-distance migrants (to Africa). I am sure it is wishing it was in Africa now rather than snowy RI, but US birders are thrilled to make its acquaintance. (Check eBird for the details, this is just the one-time “mega” alert post allowed by listserv rules.)

Gail Mackiernan
Colesville

Sent from my iPad