Date: 11/1/20 4:18 pm
From: Joel Geier <clearwater...>
Subject: [obol] No sign of Camp Adair shrike, but now 3 Trumpeter Swans in neighborhood
A mid-morning loop around the neighborhood produced no shrike sightings in the area where I saw one yesterday.

However a third TRUMPETER SWAN has now joined the pair that showed up previously on Kester Pond (in the hamlet along De Armond Rd. south of Airlie Rd.). All of them are adults.

There are good numbers of American Kestrels around the neighborhood now. Along Tampico Rd. on the north end of OSU's Soap Creek Ranch, I saw a young Cooper's Hawk fly in to perch in the same tree as a Red-tailed Hawk, with just 10 feet or so of space between them -- don't think I've ever seen that before. Neither one of them looked especially happy about the situation, but neither one wanted to be the first to move. That tree overlooks a pasture which is likely full of voles, and certainly full of Wild Turkeys.

--
Joel Geier
Camp Adair area north of Corvallis

Join us on Facebook!