Date: 11/1/20 3:52 pm
From: Karen Holliday <ladyhawke1...>
Subject: Lake Maumelle
blockquote, div.yahoo_quoted { margin-left: 0 !important; border-left:1px #715FFA solid !important; padding-left:1ex !important; background-color:white !important; } Lynn Christie, Becky Wheeler, and I spent the morning checking Lake Maumelle.  We found a handful of Common Loons, most with quite a bit of breeding plumage, at every observation stop.  Also seen were Ring-billed Gulls, Ruddy Ducks, Horned and Pied-billed Grebes, Gadwall, Canvasback, Scaup, large rafts of American Coots, and a couple of Bald Eagles.
We also checked the Nursery Pond.  It is completely drained, and from the size of the vegetation, it looks like it hasn't had water for at least 3-4 years.  It looks like great habitat for sparrows, so we will come back with boots and walk the area.  When I crossed the I-430 bridge this morning coming from Maumelle, there was a huge flock of American White Pelicans resting in the inlet.  Looked like at least 300 birds.Karen HollidayMaumelle/Pulaski County

or click the following link: