Date: 11/1/20 3:22 pm
From: <aj...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Rare Birds - New Records Committee Website/Application
Hi All,

With the influx of Evening Grosbeak records, I wanted to draw your attention
to the updated Iowa Records Committee site - https://iowabirdrecords.org/.
This recent upgrade has now been published and I hope you find it useful.
Functionally, it is now useable on a cell phone so it should be much easier
to even document a rare bird while you are in the field. Try it out
sometime. The review list changes year to year as the status changes for
some species. Be sure to review it from time to time -
https://iowabirdrecords.org/ReviewList.aspx.

The site is also a treasure trove of information on the evidence that goes
into the species and status of those species on the Iowa list. It includes
all records that have been acted upon the Iowa committee since 2000 with the
rest to be added hopefully this winter. The various reports -
https://iowabirdrecords.org/Reports/ - will help the curious answer such
questions as 1) how many recent records are there of Swallow-tailed Kite?;
or 2) what records have been processed so far this year?; or even 3) what is
the last species added to the Iowa list? Records Mapping gives you a good
visual of the distribution of rare species in the state.

Ann Johnson

Norwalk (Warren County)