Date: 11/1/20 5:42 am
From: Jack Saba <jlsaba001...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Siskins and Grosbeaks
About 10 Pine Siskins showed up at my feeders yesterday. There are still
some around this morning, along with 3 Evening Grosbeaks. Great way to
start November, with a life bird.

Yesterday also brought FOS for the yard: Ruby- and Golden-Crowned
Kinglets, Junco, and White-throated Sparrow.

In addition to feeding on the nyjer and hulled sunflower (which they
seemed ot prefer), the Siskins spent a good bit of time on the
Brown-eyed Susans, ignorning the Bergamot and Boneset. The G-C Kinglet
was feeding on the Boneset for a couple of hours -- I didn't realize
there were still enough small insects around for this.

Jack Saba
Berwyn Heights, P.G. County