Date: 10/31/20 3:09 pm
From: Janet Millenson <janet...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Yard bird
So I've seen the many recent posts griping about throngs of Pine Siskins
and Rose-breasted Grosbeaks emptying all your feeders, and I've been
reading how people have trees full of Red-breasted Nuthatches, and I'm
wondering whether my yard lost a star on Avian Yelp. None of those
species has shown up here (yet). However, there was a female Purple
Finch at the feeder today. Seeing her next to the House Finches, the
difference was striking.

P.S. If the person with the "poor lonely Blue Jay" would like company
for that bird, I'd be happy to send her some of the jays that are
snarfing down my expensive sunflower hearts!

--
Janet Millenson
Potomac, MD (Montgomery County)