Date: 10/31/20 2:59 pm
From: Jacque Brown <bluebird2...>
Subject: Centerton and Vaughn 10/31/20
I went touring the area today looking for Sparrows. at Buckhorn Flats and Rainbow Farm there is a pasture area with multiple pine trees and usually has Sparrows and Bluebirds. Today was no different, I puled up and Sparrows flushed to the trees, first bird I lain bins onwas a Clay-colored Sparrow . yay!

Then they all dropped to the ground again, amounst the pine needles were 8 Dark-eyed Juncos, a flock of about 20 Chipping Sparrows, I finally relocated the Clay-colored Sparrow, it was too shady for photographs. At one point the Clay-colored was in the sun and near the fence but I was too slow with the camera.

Also in the mix were 2 Bluebirds, a Red-bellied Woodpecker, a Flicker, several Goldfinches and some House Finches.

Around the Dairy’s were several smallish flocks of Starlings, I found just aa few Brown-headed Cowbirds, 5 Red-tailed Hawks, 4 Mockingbirds, 1 Loggerhead Shrike, 15 Cardinals, 5 Blue Jays, 4 Gadwall, and 1 all brown Hooded Merganser. Also found a small flock of White-crowned, White-throated, and Field Sparrows.

Holloway Rd is nearly all paved now and I didn’t see much, a few Sparrows that flew back from the fence. Most locations where I can usually find stuff has been ripped out. You still can’t drive past the silage pits.

My backyard in Centerton has picked up with the rain. I had White-crowned, White-throated, DE Juncos, Chipping Sparrows, House Sparrows, Carolina Chickadee, Carolina Wrens, Titmice, Cardinals, House Finches, Goldfinches, Blue Jays, Red-breasted Nuthatches, Mourning Dove and Euro-collared Doves this morning before I left.

Jacque Brown, Centerton

or click the following link: