Date: 10/31/20 3:42 am
From: James Wilson <birdmanjfw...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Re: Unusual number of finches

Let's hear it for large numbers of Pine Siskins. When they first arrived,
I was putting out a bit of shelled sunflowers. That appeared to draw in
the Siskins to the point where I had 72 about 10 days ago.

And then the rain came 5 days and the numbers soared. The little buggers
flit in and out continuously but I got a count of about 250. That number,
and probably more, drained a bag of 25 pounds of shelled sunflowers. I
honestly don't know how they can eat so much. They must be related to
Evening Grosbeaks.

I counted 10 Purple Finches and who knows how many Red-breasted Nuthatches,
but at least four.

Time to start a GoFundMe page for seed.
Jim Wilson
Queenstown