Date: 10/30/20 6:04 pm
From: <tedfl......> <tedfloyd73...>
Subject: [cobirds] Field Trip Announcement: Greenlee Preserve, Boulder Co., Nov. 1, "Lafayette Birds!"
Please join us *Sunday, Nov. 1, 2020,* for our monthly "Lafayette Birds!"
outing at Greenlee Preserve, eastern Boulder County. We will *convene at
1pm*, Mountain STANDARD Time, at the base of the very short trail up to the
preserve proper. We will bird in *small groups* until about 3pm.

Tons (literally, well over a ton) of *cackling geese* have returned to the
area, and we'll sort through the flock for rarities, hybrids, and spuhs.
Early Nov. is a great time of year for flyover *snow* and *Ross geese,* and
we'll be on the lookout (and listenout!) for them. Might see some *sandhill
cranes* on VisMig too. *Grebes* of several species have been putting on a
fine show of late, the showy *hooded mergansers* are back, and a couple of *white-throated
sparrows* have been visiting the feeders at the preserve.

This outing, sponsored by the City of Lafayette, is *free and open to the
public.* Children and curiosity-seekers welcome. Bring binocs and a camera
if you have 'em. Bring good cheer. No whining. No experience necessary, no
RSVP required. Just show up, and we'll get sorted into groups, and off
we'll go!

*Masks are mandatory.* No exceptions, no exemptions. No mask = no birds, no
respect, no friends.

Remember to Fall Back! See you on Sunday!

Ted Floyd
Lafayette, Boulder County