Date: 10/30/20 3:36 pm
From: Sarah Fellows <towanda2...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] Fox sparrows in E Dorset
Our yard birds today were gorging as if they could stuff themselves and last all winter.
We have had a red bellied woodpecker and 2 fox sparrows for two weeks,as well as 13 or more turkeys,who really mess up the yard. And at least 11 blue jays as well as scads of others. The suet is eaten by just about all and the sparrows sit underneath and glean the rest. Incredibly busy feeders for a mild fall.,That is , until tonight!!

Sally Fellows
Williston

> On Oct 30, 2020, at 6:26 PM, R Stewart <2cnewbirds...> wrote:
>
> My yard birds - 324 Morse Hill Rd. E. Dorset, Bennington, Vermont, US
> Oct 30, 2020 8:30 AM - 9:30 AM
> Protocol: Stationary
> Checklist Comments: 38deg. 1.5" snow on gd. Overcast
> 17 species
>
> Mourning Dove 8
> Red-bellied Woodpecker 1
> Downy Woodpecker 2
> Hairy Woodpecker 2 two females pictured
> Blue Jay 12 7 of 12 in photo. Sometimes they all can fit on platform!
> Black-capped Chickadee 3
> Tufted Titmouse 3
> White-breasted Nuthatch 1
> Carolina Wren 1