Date: 10/30/20 3:04 pm
From: James Fuller <jnkfuller...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Evening Grosbeaks
The Evening Grosbeaks recently reported. By Brandon Caswell at
Port Louisa Visitor’s Center were present as I arrived and were being watched
by brother Chuck Fuller at 3:10 PM, then disappeared about 3:20.
From past experience many years ago, they were early retirees for
the evening. I will bet they are present in the morning at that location.
Best way to get to this location from hiway 61 south of Grandview take
County Road G-56 east to County Road X-61. Go south on X-61 a mile or
two and the Port Louisa buildings are on the east side of the road.
It is interesting, but maybe 40 years ago, I accompanied Cal and Bernie
Knight to see a flock of these birds coming to a feeder at a private
residence on the bluff just south of the Port Louisa Visitor’s Center.
Thanks Brandon and James Huntington.

Jim Fuller, Iowa City