Date: 10/30/20 1:19 pm
From: Jacque Brown <bluebird2...>
Subject: Centerton fish hatchery 10/30/20 Virginia Rail
I went by the fish hatchery around noon today to see what dropped in after the 4 days of nearly non stop rain.

in the lower ponds, middle pond of the ones on the SE section, NW corner of that pond. The pond has a lot of tall dry weeds on that side.

It was not particularly shy. I waited about an hour for a clear view and was able to get some clear shots. After that I walked up and down the edge of that pond and got a lot of views. in the end it sat out in the open, in the sun, for a good 15 to 20 minutes preening. I left at 3:00.

Other birds

8 Greater Yellowlegs
2 peeps
10 Killdeer