Date: 10/30/20 11:51 am
From: tom and sheri <troberts2459...>
Subject: Re: Live Grouse Needed
Lisa,
And all. I sure hope your research works out. Too many great
memories of grouse. Interestingly, I have seen several woodcock on our farm
this past summer. It is odd as the habitat is upland, drier, lots of farmed
fields. That is another bird i miss a lot. And I miss the whippoorwills.
There is not one item that has resulted in declines - and we are all to
blame - demanding cheap and plentiful food - pesticide use, monoculture
fields, edge-to-edge fields ( everything in production), excess deer, excess
demands on time (too many opportunities/distractions) then fewer
hunters/outdoor enthusiasts, changing timbering.
I haven't found grouse in western PA this year - so far.

Tom Roberts
Somerset county