Date: 10/30/20 11:43 am
From: larspernorgren <larspernorgren...>
Subject: [obol] Re: California vs. Woodhouse's Scrub Jays in Oregon
I suspect nw Nevada gets extremely few visits from skilled observers. Don't the sum of eBird reports there qualify as anecdotal? Recall the earlier discussions of the Cordilleran Flycatcher distribution maps generated by eBird? They match the Idaho/Washington politically defined border perfectly. Every aspect of this thread is a human construct divorced from Nature red in tooth and claw.      Someone found a Scrubjay nest in a big sage on Hart Mountain about 12 years ago. The California Scrubjay is encroaching on the Great basin from three sides  almost.  LaGrande today, Boise tomorrow.  In my lifetime it may reach the Wasatch front. Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Jerry Tangren <kloshewoods...> Date: 10/30/20 10:59 AM (GMT-08:00) To: <clearwater...>, Oregon Birders OnLine <obol...> Subject: [obol] Re: California vs. Woodhouse's Scrub Jays in Oregon

Tim Manolis, who has extensive experience birding northeastern CA, feels that any Woodhouse eBird records north of Lake Tahoe are incorrect...

—Jerry Tangren

Get Outlook for iOS