Date: 10/30/20 9:06 am
From: Andrew David Miller <andrew.miller...>
Subject: [cayugabirds-l] Ringwood Rd. Birds
For the last two weeks we have had 1-2 evening grosbeaks at the feeder; however, this morning we were overwhelmed by a flock of ~30 birds with a roughly 70:30 ratio of females to males. They have been very flighty and have been spooked several times by passing ravens and most recently headed southeast towards the Ringwood Ponds nature preserve. The usual feeder birds over the last several days include red and white breasted nuthatches, downy, red-bellied, pileated, and hairy woodpeckers, white throated sparrows, purple finches, pine siskins, goldfinches, titmice, chickadees, cardinals, and bluejays.

I had a late towhee and phoebe off Pleasant Hollow Rd. a few days ago.

Cheers-

Andrew D. Miller DVM, Dipl. ACVP
Associate Professor
College of Veterinary Medicine