Date: 10/30/20 5:22 am
From: Nancy <dan-nan-semper...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Unusual number of finches
Chesapeake Beach: Has anyone noticed an unusual number of gold/other
finches & similar-sized birds in the last week? We normally have a variety
of birds in our yard & keep feeders up year-round. But now we're seeing
at least 50 finch-sized birds at a time - (they move too fast too count) -
and I think they're crowding out the cardinals & jay. They're at the
feeders, on the ground, in the air. We have multiple feeders filled with
sunflower hearts & they act famished tho don't look thin - some continuing
to eat even when I approach. I've never seen anything like this except the
occasional arrival of blackbird flocks during snowstorms.