Date: 10/29/20 9:23 pm
From: larspernorgren <larspernorgren...>
Subject: [obol] Catharus phenology
      This comparison would be more useful if the blocks of time were 10 days instead of 30. Surely 90% of the SWTH detections in October are during the first 10 days of the month. And while Hermit Thrushes are present throughout the month l suspect their numbers are typically much higher the last 10 days. Not everyone is proficient at birding by ear. I'll bet the bulk of those October detections are"seen only". And HETH has some ambiguous calls that even the advanced birders struggle with. One call comes to mind that overlaps with Varied Thrush. Take the bulk of "seen only" SWTH reports after Oct 15 and add them to the HETH numbers . A similar situation in April, where SWTH is frequently reported. I want the bodies to be persuaded. Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

Join us on Facebook!