Date: 10/29/20 8:10 pm
From: Chuck Berthoud <cbpabirds...>
Subject: Waterfowl fallout south central PA
Our local WhatsApp groups have been reporting scoters and red throated
loon so I went out today to Codorus State Park. The massive rain on the
radar from the remnants of Huricane Zeta must have must have caused the
waterfowl to put down as duck numbers and diversity were way up since my
last visit: 2 male surf scoters, 2 black scoters, 3 long-tailed ducks,
45 ruddy ducks, 5 gadwall, 5 American widgeon, 8 grew-winged teal and 12
Bonaparte's gull. As it was raining most of the day, I spent most of the
time watching through a telescope under lift gate on my SUV.

Chuck, York County

;

Join us on Facebook!