Date: 10/29/20 2:28 pm
From: larspernorgren <larspernorgren...>
Subject: [obol] 2nd FEHA
west of the jct of Lindsay and Green Valley Rds is a severely grazed white clover pasture. A Red-Shouldered Hawk was flying up from the ground into the oak grove to the west when l parked. A large white-haired Buteo was on the ground In that corner of the pasture. Before l could get the scope on it it flew east and landed in a leafy oak. I never did locate it despite it being very near. Then it flew back west and landed in one of the D-firs poking out of the oak grove Couldn't locate it there either.      I've never encountered so many birds in this part of Linn County. Hundreds of Savannah Sparrows and Pipits. Not just once a mile, but in every field. The first Short-eared Owl was the only one. But heck, it's the middle of the day.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

Join us on Facebook!