Date: 10/29/20 6:15 am
From: Steve Long <steve.long4...>
Subject: [MDBirding] FOS Loon (Red-throated?)
I saw our first Loon of the season this morning while working on
breakfast.  It looked smaller in size and with less bill than the Loons
I usually see.  And, there was much more white on the front and face
than on the ones I usually see.  But, between the Loon diving, the tree
branches hanging low because they are drenched by the rain, and the
demands of the stuff on the stove, I was not able to be sure that the
bill turned up or that the white area on the face went above the eye.
(Of course, it left while I was getting the scope.)

So, this is just a heads-up to the folks nearby.

Steve Long, Oxford.