Date: 10/27/20 3:00 pm
From: Ed Laster <elaster523...>
Subject: Kettle of Hawks
I was certainly surprised to see a kettle of hawks lifting through the low cloud bank on Shinall Mountain (West of Chenal Parkway and South of Hwy. 10) about 10:30 this morning. The top of the mountain was in the clouds, they were in a tight thermal and some of them were entering the cloud. I didn’t have binoculars but there were about 12 hawks which I thought were Broad-winged Hawks.

And unusual sight in my experience. Our Checklist says they are possible but at the late end of likely sightings.

Ed Laster
Little Rock
or click the following link: