Date: 10/26/20 3:46 pm
From: Joseph Neal <joeneal...>
Subject: Dunlins at Centerton
Thunder, lightning, and cold rain this morning. Shorebirds still passing through. Dunlins (3) are about ďon timeĒ for typical southbound migrants passing through Craig State Fish Hatchery in Centerton. Other shorebirds included Killdeer, Least Sandpiper, and Wilsonís Snipe.
I saw a photo of a Black-bellied Plover taken yesterday on one of the drained upper ponds. It was still present this morning. Immediately east of the hatchery, American Avocet (1) and Greater Yellowlegs (19).
Over four decades Iíve seen many interesting creatures of all kinds at the hatchery. First for me here: a Mink!
Lots of interesting ducks. One flock of 60 or so flushed before I could get the rain wiped off my bins. Others seen included Gadwall, Northern Shoveler, Northern Pintail, Hooded Merganser, Mallard, Gadwall, Blue-winged Teal (1) and Green-winged Teal (15). I suspect the 60 were Green-winged Teal.

or click the following link: