Date: 10/17/20 3:42 pm
From: Herb and Sarah Myers <hesemyers...>
Subject: Fwd: eBird Report - Seneca Rocks - Trail, Oct 14, 2020
While in WV, I did my monthly Seneca Rocks count. I was pleased to see my
first of the autumn Purple Finches feeding at the bottom of the rocks with
a flock of Pine Siskins. Blue-headed Vireos have replaced the Red-eyed
Vireos on the rocks. A few warblers are still moving through. The color on
the mountains made it exceptionally beautiful. Herb Myers, Harman from
Pendleton County

Seneca Rocks - Trail, Pendleton, West Virginia, US
Oct 14, 2020 8:08 AM - 11:31 AM
Protocol: Traveling 4.45 mile(s)
Checklist Comments: Sunny. Calm. 40 to 60 degrees
* 32 species* (+1 other taxa)
Turkey Vulture 5
Red-tailed Hawk 1
Belted Kingfisher 1
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker 2
Red-bellied Woodpecker 5
Downy Woodpecker 3
Hairy Woodpecker 3
Pileated Woodpecker 1
Northern Flicker 2
Blue-headed Vireo 2
Blue Jay 18
American Crow 2
Common Raven 3
Black-capped Chickadee 3
Tufted Titmouse 1
Red-breasted Nuthatch 5
White-breasted Nuthatch 7
Carolina Wren 10
Gray Catbird 1
Swainson's Thrush 1
American Robin 1
Cedar Waxwing 6
Purple Finch 3
Pine Siskin 18 Flocks feeding in the trees
American Goldfinch 2
Chipping Sparrow 2
White-throated Sparrow 7
Eastern Towhee 4