Date: 10/17/20 2:51 pm
From: Nancy via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Salmonellosis in Wild Birds
10/16.  Durham  I had a a very lethargic sickly looking American Goldfinch at my feeder two weeks ago. Would have captured and taken to rehabber but it never returned after the one day. Did some research and it certainly could have been Salmonellosis. There is no cure at the moment. I removed all feeders, soaked them in bleach and kept them down for 2 weeks. Also raked up under all feeders.This is contagious and can decimate populations.  Here is a link to better inform members:
https://www.northeastwildlife.org/disease/salmonellosis

Nancy MorandDurham, CT

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail on Android