Date: 10/17/20 2:48 pm
From: Dave Compton <davcompton60...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Broad-winged Hawk, etc., Saturday, 17 October
At 10:45 or 10:50am, I saw a juvenile, light morph BROAD-WINGED HAWK
soaring just north of Bella Vista Open Space in northwest Goleta. Not a lot
else happening there. A Red-breasted Nuthatch, however, was the first I've
seen for a while.

Earlier, I birded El Capitan State Beach, which had a lot of the year-round
and winter residents, but a single Wilson's Warbler was the only apparent
migrant. There were many campers cramped into the lower campground, and not
a mask in sight.

Stowe House was very birdy, with tons of Yellow-rumpeds feeding on the
lawn, and a bunch in the redgums at the parking lot, but nothing of great
interest (I didn't get to the lake to see the bittern).

Dave Compton
Santa Barbara

View/Reply Online (#31287): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/31287
-=-=-