Date: 10/17/20 2:30 pm
From: bike4birds <tmccabe9...>
Subject: [IBLE] Another good day
My apologies for cluttering up your inbox, but I had enough interesting
birds today that I felt the need to share. First, a W.S. Owl woke me just
before dawn. Later, I discovered a Cassin's Finch in my back yard maple. I
could see him clearly, preening on a branch. The female next to him was
obscured by leaves, but I think it was also a CAFI. Once I started my bike
ride I had a goodly number of regulars, all being cooperative, before seeing
2 Blue Jays in the bare branches of a tree on Plantation Island.

Things started to get even more interesting after that, with a trio of Ruddy
Ducks on Silver Lake, an altercation between a Great Blue Heron and a Red
Tail at a bend in the river, and then a Lesser Scaup at the lower end of
Veterans Pond. My final tally was 39 birds in 13+ miles, and there were a
couple that I didn't count because they didn't repeat for me. Isn't
migration wonderful?

Tom McCabe, Boise